I am always on the look out for good. homely, veggie recipes, especially for this time of year when its so chillllly outside! Meat eaters rave about Beef Bourguignon therefore I was thrilled to find the idea for a veggie, beetroot version.
1 x onion
4 x cloves garlic
8 x small, steamed beetroots
4 x carrots
1 tsp thyme
2 x tbsp tomato purée
250 ml red wine
3 bay leaves
10 x shitake mushrooms
10 x button mushrooms
10 x shallots
1 x large cauliflower
- Fry onion and garlic in a pan until golden
- Chop beetroot’s into quarters and add to the pan along with chopped carrots, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Sautée for 10 mins
- Pour in red wine and bubble for 5 minutes
- Add in stock and tomato purée, reduce the heat and let it simmer for ten minutes
- Meanwhile, chop the mushrooms and shallots and place in a separate pan with a splash of olive oil.
- Sautée mushrooms and shallots for ten minutes
- Add to the beetroot pan and simmer on a low heat for 40 minutes until the sauce has reduced down.
- For the cauliflower rice, chop the cauliflower into small florets and place in a blender.
- Blend until it resembles a rice consistency
- Add to pan of olive oil, salt and pepper and stir until heated through.
- Serve the Bourguignon with a portion of cauliflower and a cheeky glass of red